Aviation Security Officer
Avsec - Queenstown - Otago
An exciting career destination as an Aviation Security Officer
- Starting Salary of $60k per annum (pro-rata'd) - approx $29/hour
- Excellent training and benefits
- Buzz of the Queenstown Airport
- Meaningful role, contribute to keeping NZ skies safe and secure
- Beat the crowds with a 6 days on, 3 day off work roster, 7hrs minimum per shift.
Global security threats are changing and becoming more dynamic. The role of Aviation Security is critical to keeping aircraft and passengers safe as they travel within and out of New Zealand.
The job that will get you excited everyday
This challenging and rewarding role has many facets and no two days are the same. There is much excitement and buzz at the airport and the key aspects of the role entail:
- Be situationally aware and have the ability to act on your instincts
- Be customer focused with a security mind-set while dealing with passengers, their baggage, the general public or airport workers;
- Effective risk management for passengers, airlines and airport workers;
- The delivery of exceptional customer service through the screening of passengers, airport workers and baggage;
- Enthusiastically interacting with passengers from diverse cultures, backgrounds and nationalities;
- Responding to queries, resolving issues, and thinking on your feet;
- Ability to identify issues and quickly respond to them;
- Working collaboratively in teams and other agencies within the airport;
- Flexibility to work shifts and maintain work/life balance;
- Ability to effectively operate and adapt to changes in screening technology/devices.
Click the following link to find out more about working for New Zealand's Aviation Security Service - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrzjdYceGbI
Top 6 reasons to work at AVSEC
- We’ve got our passengers’ backs in providing a complex aviation security system that ensures we keep people safe and happy in travelling out of Queenstown;
- Be part of a team with Mana that takes pride in what we do;
- We provide match-fit training to help you keep up to speed with a complex and changing security environment;
- We provide competitive salary with regular increments, generous allowances and 5+ weeks annual leave/year;
- We provide a job that makes a difference in people’s lives; and
- Plenty of opportunities to grow your skills in an ever changing technological environment.
Shiftwork allows you to miss peak traffic times and we provide free parking, uniform, shoes and other benefits.
The skills you bring are all about people and risk management
- Ability to use effective de-escalation techniques;
- Alert and observant with an inquisitive mindset;
- Enthusiasm, passion for customer service;
- Quick learner, who is able to think outside the box;
- Ability to communicate, connect with all kinds of people and adapt to different situations; and
- Ability to deal with difficult situations while maintaining composure.
If you want to start an exciting and rewarding aviation career and you meet the following pre-requisites:
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or resident;
- Must have a full clean driver’s licence;
- Must be medically and physically fit;
- Must be willing to undertake full Police/Ministry of Justice vetting checks with no criminal convictions;
- Available to attend an assessment centre and interviews week commencing 3rd September 2019
- Available to start on 29th October 2019
- Be available to attend a 4 week and 3 day training course in Auckland or Christchurch from 29th October 2019 (paid)
Important notes: Due to the requirements of the position colour blind individuals are not able to be considered.
The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive and respectful workplace where everyone is valued for their unique contribution.
Applicants who have applied in the last 12 months need not apply.